Usually the appetite for grilled food has been a bit curved after the mass consumption of hot dogs and burgers throughout the Independence Day weekend, but we can assure that will not be the case this summer! [Read more…]
The Windells On-The-Road Camp is a traveling weekend program that offers coaching, video review, action, and tons of fun at resorts across the country to skiers and snowboarders of all abilities. This year we hosted weekend day-camps at premiere resorts throughout the country. [Read more…]
With the abundant snowfall up on lovely Mt. Hood (Thanks Mom Nature) we can’t help but smile. Winter Camp has been going off with a BANG! So much snow has fallen, the clouds have parted, and the sun has come out. Campers and Coaches are all smiling ear to ear, full of stoke, and having a great time.
Not only have we been riding rails and boxes, but the abundant snowfall has allowed us to ride the entire resort, learning tricks from start to finish and making laps to keep those legs moving! With all of the snow falling, we have also been riding all kinds of powder lines up at Timberline!
Couldn’t make it to Mt. Hood for Winter Camp? Don’t Worry! We are heading out On The Road. We have stops planned throughout the country packing the “Funnest” week of summer into a weekend at a resort near you.
All Photos: Nick Visconti
Summer 2015 is a mere winter away! In order to get through a powder-filled winter, you’ll need the exclusive Windells Winter Survival Kit! Sign-up for Summer Camp 2015 before January 15th and receive: $50 store credit to Dex’s, the Windells Mountain Stamp Coaches Jacket, a certified Windells Park Ranger Hoodie, one free Grizzly Grilled Cheese, an exclusive Windells Patch, and a limited edition B.O.B sticker. Click here to register for campfires, s’mores and summer skiing, snowboarding, skateboarding and BMX!
2015 Summer Sessions:
Session 1: 6/16/2015 – 6/23/2015
Session 2: 6/26/2015 – 7/3/2015
Session 3: 7/7/2015 – 7/14/2015
Session 4: 7/17/2015 – 7/24/2015
Session 5: 7/27/2015 – 8/3/2015
Session 6: 8/6/2015 – 8/13/2015
To register for Windells Camp Early-Bird Special, click here!
The #OnlyFallPark in North America is Windells Academy’s private ski and snowboard park on Mt. Hood, OR. It is a staging grounds for Academy students and an opportunity to ride year round for invited guests like the The Canadian Freeski Team.
Where do you study?
For more information on Windells Academy, please refer to windellsacademy.com!
Video: Nick Broms
It’s industry standard and business protocol to send out a press release when climactic things happen. Here is a pseudo PR notice for Fall @windellscamp!
For Immediate Release: 10/3/14 Mt. Hood, OR- Windells Camp is proud to announce that this morning we woke to temperature sub-32 degrees! October is warping dry summer browns into warm autumn earth tones, the first snow of the 14/15′ season has blanketed Mt. Hood, and it is flippin’ freezing! Welcome to the 14/15′ snow season! Our heart is fluttering for more snow flurries and we hope your dreams are filled with white vertigo in foresight of future storms; ours sure are!
At Windells Camp we have a few announcements actually worth mentioning:
– Dates and Prices are about to be announced for Winter Camps, On-The-Road Camps, and Summer 15′ Camps!
– Open skate is happening every Saturday and Sunday. Details here.
– Our online store is full of Fall/Winter items. Get a new kit, beanie, or letterman’s jacket to show who’s team your really on… Old Man Winter of course! The following are some hot of the shelf apparel items to keep you hot this fall.
Happy first weekend of fall y’all. And until a real press release drops with important information on Windells Camp, enjoy the crisp air, perfect skate temperatures and sleepless nights of imagination shredding!
Remember to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter and be sure to sign up for our monthly Newsletter!
@_NickBelbas must get his name from the Nepali fruit “Bel” because his Fs 7 melon is ripe!
Interested in being featured in Regram & Remember? Hashtag #windellsisforeverfun on past camp photos. We select new campers killin’ it every Monday!
Hey everyone from the High Cascade and the “We are Camp” Family,
If you haven’t heard, Windells and High Cascade have created a weekend winter program on Mt. Hood at Timberline Ski Area, “Head to HoodTM”. It’s a freestyle coaching program and we are starting the search for coaches on both sides of our core sports; Freeskiing and Snowboarding. We will offer pre-program coaching clinics to qualified coaches and pre-program coaching training to riders looking to get into coaching.
- What: Freestyle and Freeride coaching program. We coach riders to improve their freestyle skills, and fall in love with Winter riding. Competition is a component for some riders that so choose
- Where: Timberline Ski area on-hill with some après on –hill time at Windells for Skating and Trampoline cross training and fun. Approximately 8:00am to 5:30 pm.
- When: January 10th – March 15th Four 5-week Saturday and or Sunday sessions. Coaches have to commit to at last two sessions Riders register for one, two, three, or all four sessions!
- Who: Intermediate to highly advanced riders ages 10 -17
- Coach and lead a snowboard group of 5 or 6 intermediate riders.
- Coaches Benefits: Timberline or Fusion Pass, Decent daily pay, Pre program coaching training, doing good work with NW Oregon riders. There are also other opportunities to make more money besides coach’s pay.
Contact John Ingersoll if you are interested and send any referrals my way.
email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 503.501.7500
Regardless, have a great winter and it’s going to abundantly snow everywhere especially in the Cascades on Mt. Hood.
In 1815 the Oregon Trail passed right below Mt. Hood and was considered a road for pioneers and outlaws. In tribute to the Wild West, camper Carson Vance throws a right side Rodeo.
Share your Wild West experience at Windells and repost the tricks you stomped over the Oregon Trail. Remember to hashtag #windellsisforeverfun and potentially be selected for next Monday mornings’ Regram & Remember.