||Adult Skateboard Camp will change the way you look at vacations!
Who should come to camp? Windells has programs that cater to all ages and abilities. Whether you’re 18 or 88, you’ll have the time of your life at Windells Skate Camp, and our campers are made up of an amazingly diverse group of people from all walks of life. They’re all looking for a real adventure and the opportunity to get fully immersed in the Northwest skateboard culture. Adult Skateboard Camp at Windells is available during Sessions 5 and 6.
- Open to skateboarders of all abilities
- Ages 18 – 88
- Something for everyone; whether you fancy street or transition skateboarding
- People who love to have fun
How we make having fun easy… Summer Camp is a place where adults can unplug from the “real world” and get back to what makes us happy, having fun with our friends. No matter what your goal is as a skateboarder, our staff will work with you in a one-on-one basis to set attainable goals. Adult campers are placed in specially designed groups with coaches that cater to each individual’s ability and learning style. Our facilities on campus were designed specifically with our coaching programs in mind, allowing skaters to climb the ladder to progression at a comfortable pace, and to ensure that our skateboarders not only understand the steps to progression, but have fun taking them. The progression doesn’t just happen on the concrete and masonite, skateboarders can use our indoor trampolines and foam pit, outdoor 14’x14′ Max Air Super Quad trampoline, and our roll in to the BagJump™ landing to get themselves closer and closer to their end goal.
- Specially trained coaches
- Clear and attainable goal setting
- Private skateparks on campus geared at progression for all abilities
- Skate some of the best terrain in the world here in the Northwest
- Learning Facilities designed for progression
- Strategically developed programs to make progression fun
- Small coaching groups
- Specialty clinics for all all abilities
- Guest pro skaters
Adult Camp Activities – Our adult host will plan adult-only on campus activities throughout the week, giving our campers the true Windells Camp experience. Adult campers have youth-free (but still youthful) access to our 14’x14′ Max Air Super Tramp, to our indoor training facility affectionately known as BOB, which plays host to after hours skate and trampoline sessions while the rest of camp is fast asleep. Adult campers get the opportunity to head into Portland and get a feel for the nightlife in PDX, often stopping to get sushi, dessert, and experience the city!
- Skate park tours
- Launch into the foam pit indoors and our 60’x60′ BagJump™ on campus.
- Waterfall hikes
- Lake Trillium paddle boarding
- Experience Portland nightlife
- Adult Only Sushi Night
- Eat a world famous Voodoo Donut
Adult Camp is an all-inclusive vacation. The definition of “camper” changes for adults. Your Adult Host guides you through your life changing week at Windells. We provide transportation to and from the airport, all daily trips, access to Windells private campus and facilities, full access to our Demo Center, tours of the Portland, meet and greets with visiting pros, adults-only excursions, comfortable, private adult camp housing and more. We eat amazing breakfasts on campus prepared by skateboarder and Head chef Tom “Wally” Inouye and our dinners specially prepared at the adult house, or we dine local at some of the most unique spots around Mt. Hood, Oregon.
Adult Housing – Adult campers stay in an adult-only house away from youth campers and is set up to be a comfortable environment for campers to put your feet up and relax. The adult house is fully equipped with flat screen TVs, indoor and outdoor common areas, a pool table, and so much more.
- Adult Campers are 21 and over… Adult campers stay off campus in our specially designed adult house; HATS (House Across The Street).
- Young Adult Campers are 18-20… Young Adults stay on campus in our specially designed Young adult house, “The Road House.”
All Adult Campers fall into our camp policies and regulations and are expected to be respectful of all campers and staff on site.
Adult Camp Schedule –
- 7:00AM – Wake Up, Eat Breakfast, Sip on the Coffee/Tea, and get ready for the day.
- 8:15AM Head out for skate park tour and coaching
- 9:00AM-2:30PM Skate all dang day
- 3:00PM Depart for Adult Activity Adventure
- 5-8:00PM Video Review with your Skate Coach followed up by an amazing dinner
- 8:00PM It’s time for another amazing activity – Round Two!
STAY FOR MULTIPLE SESSIONS
Campers often choose to stay for multiple Sessions. During, “in-between days” (the days between Sessions), Adult Campers are fed on-campus and stay in the HATS Adult Camp house. In-between campers often take trips to the Oregon Coast, visit Portland, go on skate trips, go white water rafting, or other activities based on weather and personal preferences. An additional cost of $100 per day covers lodging, transportation, food, and entertainment.
We asked 58-year-old Adult Camper, Ed Wall Sr., “What makes Adult Camp different?”
Ed said, “The kids have lights out and you don’t. The other thing that our coaches do as well as coaching is have a good time!”