NOTE: OUR SUMMER 2016 APPLICATION WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE UNTIL AFTER THE START OF THE NEW YEAR. PLEASE CHECK BACK THEN & GOOD LUCK!
If you would like to apply for the 2016 Summer Season, please send us an application by March 1, 2016.
WHEN YOU ARE APPLYING:
Choose the position you are most suited for, and apply for that. Hundreds of resumes come each season saying “I don′t care,” “I′ll do anything,” or “I′ll clean toilets.” When you don’t specify which job you are applying for, we don’t know which hiring manager should receive your application. This usually results in your application sitting in our office collecting dust.
Want to apply for more than one position? You are required to provide a separate resume, cover letter, and application for each position. Why the need for multiple applications? Our summer hiring managers do not work in our winter office. After the application cut-off, all paperwork is shipped to the applicable hiring managers. Don’t worry, though- you can still send all of your applications in one envelope.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL OR EMAIL THE WINDELLS’ OFFICE TO CHECK ON YOUR APPLICATION.
*All employees must be 18 years old or older. We have discontinued the C.I.T. program, but we hope to hear from you when you are of age!*
ALL POSITIONS WE HIRE FOR:
POSITIONS – SPRING 2016
SPRING OFFICE ASSISTANT
We need an incredibly organized and hardworking individual to do all the wonderful things as a Summer Office Assistant (see below for description) except we need you to join the team early in the Portland Office starting April 18 and assist with getting ready for camp, parent relations, and moving & setting up the Office at Windells. This position must work as an Office Assistant throughout the Summer as well.
POSITIONS – SUMMER 2016
- Demo Center Manager
- Kitchen Staff
- Coaches – Snowboard, Ski, Skateboard, BMX
- Auxiliary Drivers
- Camp Nurses (must be licensed in Oregon)
- Maintenance Staff
INTERNSHIPS – SUMMER 2016
We know you are anxious about getting a job with us but we would prefer it if you did not call us, we will contact you.
We are fielding tons of calls for camper sign-ups right now so our phone lines are very busy. Sorry for this inconvenience! To apply for a job, please carefully follow the instructions below.
MEDIA/VIDEO APPLICANTS CLICK HERE!
Please Mail us a Resume and Cover Letter . Video Resumes and creative submissions encouraged!
*If you are applying for more than one position, please only include one resume, but provide one cover letter for each job. Applicants who do not list a specific position are often overlooked, so narrow down your selection.
In your Cover Letter please include:
- What position you are applying for?
- Why do you want to work at Windells?
- What has prepared you for this position: personal and professional examples
- Tell us something interesting about yourself
- Why should we hire you for this job?
Two Part Video Resume (Coaches and Diggers are required to submit. For other positions a video is optional but, highly recommended.)
- Coaches: Show us your skills! We want to see how you interact with kids/people, your coaching style, your bag of tricks, as well as your personality.
- Diggers: Show us your skills and let us know why you love to build parks.
Your video resume may be posted on YouTube or you may send a DVD. For YouTube videos, please carefully type the link to your YouTube video to ensure that it is accurate and include the link in the last paragraph of your cover letter. On the back of the envelope you mail your resume in, write the title of the job your applying for! If you’re interested in more than one position, you can write more than one.
Remember, be creative and make your application unique!
ATTN: Human Resources
5014 NE 15th Ave
Portland, OR 97211
Application due date is March 1
Please read the following details before applying:
Requirements for all positions:
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Fluent in English
- Available to work from May 31st – August 15th
- First Aid & CPR Certified (you can get your certification at staff training)
- Passionate about working with kids (prior camp experience a plus)
* Please note the special requirements for the following positions:
- Auxiliary Drivers: must be 22 or older, must pass driving record background check, have valid Driver’s License
- Adult Program Host: must be 22 or older, must pass driving record background check, have valid Driver’s License